When there are inclement weather conditions, the College will act in accordance with the City of Boston and recommendations by the Governor regarding closing public offices and schools. During a College closure, emergency staffing will remain in place for the following departments: Campus Safety, Facilities, Dining and Residence Life.
The following announcement timelines will apply for College closure and class cancellation due to weather:
- Closure decisions will be communicated at the latest by 6:00 a.m. for all day classes (classes that start between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.)
- Closure decisions will be communicated at the latest by 1:00 p.m. for all evening classes (classes that start at 4:15 p.m. or later)
- Closure decisions will be communicated at the latest by 7:00 a.m. for all Saturday morning classes (Saturday classes that start at 8:30 a.m. or later)
- Closure decisions will be communicated at the latest by 11:00 a.m. for all Saturday afternoon classes (Saturday classes that start at 1:00 p.m. or later)
Communication about College closure is made through the RAVE Emergency Notification System and posted on the website and social media. Additionally, Emmanuel contacts the following media channels: WHDH-TV/Channel 7, CW56/Channel 56, WCVB/Channel 5, FOX25 and WBZ-TV/RADIO/Channel 4 about closures. Since there is no guarantee that local media announces cancellation information promptly or fully, the College recommends that individuals visit Emmanuel's website for the most accurate information.
If day classes are canceled, please note the impacts to on-campus services:
- Main Dining Room = OPEN regular hours
If there is a snow emergency, the Main Dining Room will operate on a weekend schedule.
- Muddy River Café = CLOSED
- Dunkin = Weekend hours
- Joe Di's = Weekend hours (depending on weather conditions)
- Bookstore = CLOSED
- Mailroom/Copy Center = CLOSED
- Health Services = CLOSED
Find a list of recommended urgent care centers here.