As our second-largest residence hall on campus, St. Joseph Hall is a six-story, non-air-conditioned building housing approximately 410 residents. This is a co-ed residence that primarily houses sophomores, juniors as well as first-year students enrolled in our Science Living-Learning community.
Each floor houses 45 to 75 residents who share two, single-sex bathrooms and a fully-equipped kitchen six floor lounges. St. Joseph Hall also includes amenities located on the ground floor for students to enjoy:
Our residence halls have a variety of amenities, including:
- Fitness center with strength training equipment
- Laundry facilities
- St. Joseph Hall “Underground” Student Study Spaces & Lounge
- Vending Machines (Drink & Snack)
- Theater Arts Department (Faculty Offices & Classroom)
- 2 Single Stall Restrooms
- Emmanuel College Bookstore
- Technology Station with 3 Desktop Computers and 2 Printers.
- Staff Offices
- Single Stall Restroom
- Security card access to front doors
- Elevators in every hall
- Bathrooms on every floor
- Planned community events
- All utilities included (no additional costs for IP-TV service, high speed internet, heat, electricity, water, etc.)
- Study lounge
- Kitchen and dining areas - with fridge, microwave, stove/oven, etc.
- Social lounges with game tables and big-screen televisions
- In-hall fitness centers (and Jean Yawkey Center fitness center)
- Group/Organization meeting rooms
- Vending machines
Staff is available to assist with room re-entry if you forget your ID.
Convenient on-campus locations for sending and receiving mail.
Housekeeping and maintenance
A crew of housekeeping personnel clean the bathrooms, kitchens and common areas daily. If something breaks in your room, you can put in a work order with your RA and it will be fixed by our Facilities Department.
Emmanuel offers residential living communities to help maximize your college living and learning experiences.
Controlled visitation hours and regulations help to accommodate resident's desire for visitation as well as protect their right to privacy.
The average room in a residence hall measures 11' x 18' (3.3 m x 5.5 m).
Floorplan of an average double room:
Average room dimensions: 11' x 18' (3.3 m x 5.5 m)
Average window dimensions: Width: 6' (188 cm) Height: 4'8" (142 cm)
Average bed dimensions: Length: 79 inches (201 cm)
Mattress size: 80" x 36" (extra long twin sheets)
All bedrooms are fully furnished. Students are not permitted to bring their own mattresses. Residence Life will not remove any provided furniture from the room. Below please find what furniture is included by room type:
- 2 twin beds
- 2 desks and chairs
- 2 dressers
- 2 closets or wardrobes
- overhead light
- 3 twin beds
- 3 desks and chairs
- 3 dressers
- 3 closets or wardrobes
- overhead light
St. Joseph Hall is currently staffed by a full-time Assistant Director/Resident Director, a part-time graduate assistant and eleven resident assistants. Staff offices are located to the left as you enter the building, and the St. Joseph Staff is always ready to meet a new face! Stop by and say, "Hello!"