There is no one “right way” to pay.
We understand that every family’s financial situation is unique. Some families pay each semester in full, some use a monthly payment plan, and others use loans to spread the cost over a longer period of time. Many Emmanuel students and their families find that a combination of the options below works best for them.
Students and their authorized users will be notified at their Emmanuel email address when their semester tuition bill is available online. The fall semester tuition bill is available in early July and due in early August. The spring semester tuition bill is available in early December and due in early January.
The net cost after scholarships and financial aid may be made from one or a combination of payment methods listed below. If you would like assistance determining the best option for your family, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services and a counselor will gladly discuss your options with you.
Online ACH Payment
Online Automated Clearing House (ACH) payments may be made online. There is no fee charged for paying online with an ACH.
Credit/debit card payments may be made online. Students and families who choose to make payments with a credit/debit card will be assessed a service fee, which is retained by a third-party service provider. This fee ranges from 0.75%-3.99% based on the type of card used to make the payment. This fee may be avoided by paying via Online Automated Clearing House (ACH) in place of a credit/debit card.
For wire transfer payments, please call 617-735-9938 or email financialservices [at] emmanuel.edu (financialservices[at]emmanuel[dot]edu) to receive Emmanuel College's Account Number and ABA Routing Number.
We encourage payments to be made online whenever possible. If you are unable to make payments online, please account for mailing time in advance of the semester due date and ensure checks are clearly labeled with the student's name and Emmanuel ID number. Checks should be payable to Emmanuel College and sent to
ATTN: Student Financial Services
400 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
**Please include the student’s name and ID number in the memo**
Emmanuel welcomes all college savings plans. If you have a college savings plan such as a 529 plan, please contact the plan provider to have the funds transferred to Emmanuel College. If you are using a pre-paid tuition plan to pay for tuition, such as the UPlan, please provide the Office of Student Financial Services with the provider name and the amount you will be using for the upcoming academic year.
Emmanuel also participates in Flywire, please speak with your provider directly to see if you are eligible to submit payments by wire transfer in lieu of a paper check.
Emmanuel offers an interest-free monthly payment plan. The payment plan is a convenient and manageable payment solution that allows families the opportunity to spread payments for each semester over a five-month period. The fall semester plan begins on July 15th and the spring semester plan begins on December 15th.
Many scholarships are available from sources other than Emmanuel or federal and state governments. To apply a private scholarship to your tuition bill, simply email a copy of the letter to the Office of Student Financial Services; we will credit your bill even before the funds arrive from the scholarship provider.
A wide range of education benefits are available to veterans and their dependents through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We encourage veterans to visit www.va.gov for detailed information on eligibility, how to apply, and obtaining a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Emmanuel College is a proud participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Private educational student loans and parent loans can help bridge the gap between financial aid and the total cost of education. With many private student loans, the student is the primary borrower; however, most students will require a credit-worthy U.S. citizen or permanent resident as a co-signer (does not have to be a parent). We recommend that students first apply for financial aid and borrow with federal student loans. If additional financing is needed, alternative students loans can be an option for many families.
Parent loans are a common payment option when current income and savings are not enough. There are many educational loan products available to help finance education. Parents may borrow up to the cost of education minus financial aid received. We recommend applying for enough funds for the full academic year instead of semester by semester. The Office of Student Financial Services encourages all borrowers to do their own research and select the lender that is best for them. There are many other options available to students and their families.
Emmanuel's Billing & Payment Center is accessible though EC Online Services. Students can log in using their Emmanuel username and password to access their tuition bill. Authorized users can log in once students grant account access. For details on setting up authorized user access, refer to the "Sharing Access to Your Bill" section below.
Upon login, we recommend exploring the following sections:
Student Account Summary
Gain a comprehensive overview of your Emmanuel student account. Real-time charges and financial aid details are showcased here, with convenient links to itemized statements for each semester.
Student Activity and Details
Shows a snapshot of the transactions posted to your account for the semester, including all charges (course registration, fees, room & board, and any miscellaneous charges), financial aid, and calculates any outstanding balance due.
Financial Aid Information
Explore an overview of your financial aid for the academic year. Discover a comprehensive checklist outlining any required and outstanding items essential to completing your financial aid application.
If a family member is assisting you with your tuition bill, we encourage you to add them as an authorized user for EC Online Services so they can both view your bill and make payments online. Simply log in to EC Online Services using your Emmanuel credentials and select the “User Options” tab.
- Select “Designate Authorized User” and enter authorized user's name, preferred email address, relationship, and birth date.
- Select level of account access you wish to authorize (complete access or select access) and click “Submit”.
- The authorized user will receive an email notice that they have been set up as an authorized user. A separate email will be sent with their Username, a link with their password, and a direct link to EC Online Services. The password link will be active for 24 hours.
Updating Demographic Information:
To update demographic information for your authorized user, including their name, email address, relationship or birth date please contact the Registrar’s Office at regmail [at] emmanuel.edu (regmail[at]emmanuel[dot]edu). If conflicting information was prohibiting you from creating your authorized user, once the demographic information has been updated, you can complete the process to designate them as authorized users.
- Authorized users will be provided a username that has an underscore to differentiate them from student or staff logins. Please note that when authorized users sign in with their login information, it will automatically autofill your login to ‘@emmanuel.edu’.
- When you log in you should get an initial screen that says you can go into your own profile, labelled ‘You’ or you can go into the student’s account. Authorized users should click the student’s name and ‘Continue’ to view the financial and/or academic information the student has shared access to. See an example below for detailed information.
- Once authorized users have logged in and detailed into the student’s account they should see a banner that states they are “acting on behalf of…” and everything that the student extended privileges for should be displayed on this screen. See an example below for detailed information. If you are still missing access to information, please check with your student as they can confirm the level of access they have provided.
What if I still have questions?
- If you have questions about the access you have been provided, please contact your student as they can set up their authorized user(s) and/or update their level of access at any time.
- For questions regarding the tuition bill and financial aid please contact Student Financial Services at 617-735-9938 or financialservices [at] emmanuel.edu (financialservices[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
- For academic questions please contact the Office of the Registrar at 617-735-9960 or regmail [at] emmanuel.edu (regmail[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
- For technical assistance please contact Information Technology at 617-735-9966 or helpdesk [at] emmanuel.edu (helpdesk[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
Let's Get Started.
Emmanuel is a place where students broaden their sense of what’s possible and prepare for inspiring careers in an ever-changing world. Be here.