With careers in science, technology and engineering in high demand, a solid foundation in mathematics is essential to the future of school-aged students—and to the success of many of the world’s largest industries.
This minor in Math Education is for students seeking additional licensure as an Elementary Math Specialist.
View the 2023-2024 Academic Catalog to find course titles, numbers and descriptions.
Requirements for a Minor in Math Education
- EDUC1111 The Great American Experiment (SA) (SS) (SJ)
- EDUC2211 Learning, Teaching and the Elementary Curriculum OR EDUC2212 Learning, Teaching and the Secondary Curriculum
- EDUC3213 Mathematics Methods for Elementary OR EDUC3313 Mathematics Methods for Middle and High School (prerequisite will be waived if students have completed EDUC2211 or EDUC2311)
- MATH1111 Calculus I (QA) (QR) (prerequisite MATH1103 or math placement test)
- MATH1112 Calculus II (QA) (QR)
- A 2000- or 3000-level math elective
Business & Entrepreneurship Tax program partnerships build student skills while ... Emmanuel College has hosted Boston Tax Help’s weekend tax training programs – an opportunity that concludes with a chance at IRS certification – for... Story Divanni Polanco '24: A Champion of Diversity an... At the forefront of campus leadership, Divanni serves as the executive president of the Student Government Association (SGA), is the former director... Story Remembering Virginia Cahill '74: A Story of Str... Virginia Cahill's senior portrait.Ginny received the devastating diagnosis her junior year at Emmanuel. Despite prolonged periods of hospitalization and treatment, Ginny, a psychology...