Student Semester Parking
All individuals parking on campus are required to have a valid parking permit/sticker or Temporary Parking Pass. Parking during the hours of 7:00AM and 5:00PM daily, seven days a week, is restricted to Emmanuel students and Emmanuel employees who have been approved for parking. Please note that parking passes are not available to non-Emmanuel students.
All student parking permit applications submitted via Emmanuel College’s Engage Platform will be reviewed prior to the beginning of each semester. Due to the limited parking availability on our urban campus, we strongly encourage the use of alternative transportation. The MBTA Green Line Fenway station is a short distance from the Emmanuel campus, and reduced MBTA parking passes can be purchased from the MBTA.
For questions regarding student semester parking, please email studentparking [at] emmanuel.edu (studentparking[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
Parking may be available to commuter students living outside of the below-listed zip codes. The student must submit a parking permit application each academic semester for approval during the communicated parking application timeline via the Engage platform. Prior parking privileges do not guarantee future parking privileges. Students who are cross registered for classes on the Emmanuel College campus are not eligible to receive a parking permit or pass.
Athletic participation is also not a rationale for a parking permit.
Fees for the 2023-24 academic year are $350 per semester. Fees cannot be pro-rated and are non-refundable.
The College does not issue parking permits to commuters who live in the following zip-codes:
02101 through 02145
02196 through 02241
02283 through 02298
02445 through 02467
Please note that a commuter parking permit is not an overnight parking pass.
On-campus parking may be available to those requiring accommodations and a limited number of passes may be available for students participating in Emmanuel College-facilitated, credit-earning internships or clinicals that are outside of commuting proximity via public transportation. Approval from the Student Accessibility & Accommodations Department is required for students seeking parking accommodations. Students who are in Emmanuel College-facilitated credit earning internships should complete the McCafferty Career Center internship parking application.
Fees for the 2023-24 academic year are $500 per semester. Fees cannot be pro-rated and are non-refundable.
Prospective parents and students visiting the campus for a tour, information session or other Admissions event are offered on-campus parking, as available. Please direct any questions to admissions [at] emmanuel.edu (admissions[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
Faculty, administrators and staff should notify Campus Safety of visitors by submitting a parking request to security [at] emmanuel.edu (security[at]emmanuel[dot]edu).
Overnight Guest Parking
Emmanuel students can purchase a Temporary Parking Pass for their guests who wish to park on campus between the hours of 5:00 PM and 7:30 AM the following morning. The cost is $15.00. To purchase the pass, the host student must complete the following:
By completing a guest parking payment, you are acknowledging that:
- When arriving to campus, Campus Safety will provide you with your Temporary Parking Pass at the entrance booth. All pass holders must park in the Library Lot, unless otherwise directed, with the parking pass displayed on the vehicle's rear-view mirror at all times.
- All authorized student/visitor vehicles must exit the campus by 7:30 AM, Monday through Friday and by NOON on Saturday and Sunday, unless otherwise instructed by Campus Safety.
- The maximum number of guest passes issued per Emmanuel student per week is two.
- Parking availability is subject to change depending on campus events/activities.
- Students should be aware that Guest Parking may be suspended prior to scheduled events or activities. Also, in advance of inclement weather, parking may be prohibited.
- Students cannot purchase an overnight guest parking pass for themselves.
Short-Term and Hardship Parking Requests
All student short-term or hardship requests to park will be directed, in person, to the on-duty campus safety Lieutenant/OIC. If off campus, students should call the Lieutenant at (617) 735-9710.
Handicapped parking spaces are located at the south entrance to the Administration Building and throughout the parking garage. The College will tow motor vehicles that are not properly placarded and parked in handicapped or reserved spaces.
Operating a motor vehicle on campus in an unsafe or threatening manner will not be tolerated. This includes:
- Driving an unregistered vehicle
- Driving without a proper license or with a revoked license
- Speeding or driving in an unsafe or aggressive manner
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, cannabis, or other drugs
- Driving or parking on walkways or unpaved areas
- Driving without all occupants wearing seatbelts or approved child safety restraints
- Failing to obey driving or parking instructions of Campus Safety Officers
Any unsafe motor vehicle operation may result in the revocation of on campus driving privileges by Campus Safety.
During the winter months, a snow emergency may be declared. Failure to move cars to facilitate snow removal will result in immediate towing. The College will post a declaration of snow emergency and parking restrictions on the Emmanuel College website as well as via a community email.
Vehicles may not park on the Emmanuel campus in an unsafe or unauthorized location. All parked vehicles shall have a properly displayed permit or pass. The College will tow unauthorized vehicles parked on campus at the owner's expense. Tow fees are the responsibility of the owner. Please note that these enforcement procedures ensure that parking is available for eligible faculty, staff and students.
Let's Get Started.
Emmanuel is a place where students broaden their sense of what’s possible and prepare for inspiring careers in an ever-changing world. Be here.