Emmanuel College Health Services offers acute illness and injury diagnosis and treatment, screening tests for strep, flu and UTIs, asthma management, blood work and gynecological care.
The following services are available at Health Services:
- FREE influenza (flu) vaccines
- Tuberculosis screening performed on-site
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses and injuries
- Rapid screening tests for strep, flu, mono, urinary tract infections and pregnancy
- Routine gynecological exams including diagnosis/treatment of STI's
- Routine health maintenance & physical exams
- Pre-employment and graduate school physicals & immunization review
- Treatment for acne and skin exams
- Blood work is obtained on-site and processed at Quest Diagnostics
Health Services operates on an appointment system. Call (617) 264-7678 for an appointment as early in the day as possible. Same-day appointments are available for urgent care.
Although students' health insurance will be billed for office visits, students will not be responsible for copayments, co-insurance or deductible due for specified primary care services as these are covered by Emmanuel College. However, the College does not cover specialty or diagnostic services (including bloodwork and imaging) for students; for these services co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles may be due, as outlined in the student's insurance plan.
Students are referred to the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) for specialty and emergency care. Our staff will assist with these referrals and will follow up to see if additional services are needed.