Immunizations and New Student Requirements
Please note that all undergraduate students enrolled for nine or more credits must demonstrate that they have health insurance. If you have questions about these health requirements, please contact the Health Services at 617-264-7678.
The following immunizations are required by Massachusetts law for all full-time (9 or more credits) entering undergraduate students including transfer students.
- Please note that a physical exam is not required unless you are an athlete. For more information, refer to paperwork from the athletic department.
- 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccines, the first given no earlier than one year after birth and the second at least 1 month after the first, or serology tests (titers) for measles, mumps and rubella that demonstrate immunity
- 1 Tdap (tetanus, diptheria, pertussis) booster within the past 10 years.
- Three hepatitis B vaccines or a hepatitis B serology test (titer) that demonstrates immunity.
- Two varicella (chicken pox) vaccines or a history of varicella verified by your health care provider or a varicella titer that demonstrates immunity
- A meningitis vaccine or a signed meningitis waiver. Please note that it is necessary to have either the vaccine or a signed waiver in order to receive your room key upon arrival. Signing the waiver as allowed by state regulation does not prevent you from receiving the vaccine at a later date, and in fact, we recommend that you do so.
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health strongly suggests TB testing (PPD) for students who are at increased risk for exposure to tuberculosis. Please review the TB Risk Questionnaire. If you have answered "yes" to any of the questions please bring the form to your health care provider for review.
Entrance Health Report
In order to have your complete health record on file at school, we ask that you download and submit the three-page Entrance Health Report below which will put you in compliance with school policy and state law. Completed pages must be returned to the Health Center by fax, mail or you can scan/email the completed health form. These forms must be received before your arrival at school. The Health Services' address, fax number and email address are on each page to be submitted. If you do not have access to a computer to download the form, please call us at 617-264-7678. We recommend that you keep a copy of your completed forms for your records.
Download the Spring Entrance Health Report
Download the Fall Entrance Health Report
The following should be completed by you:
- Demographic Information on page one
- Meningitis waiver form (two pages ) if applicable
The following should be completed by your health care provider:
- Immunization history
- All information of page two should be completed and signed by a healthcare provider (a physical exam is not required)
- Tuberculosis risk questionnaire is to be completed by you and reviewed by your health care provider
If you have any questions, please contact Health Services at (617) 264-7678.