Required Courses- Non-Licensure
M.Ed. Non-licensure candidates take six (6) required core courses, three (3) electives, and complete a (1) capstone experience.
Required core courses (6)
- EDUC 5115 Documenting and Assessing Student Learning
- EDUC 5200 Complexities of Urban Education
- EDUC 5207 Learning, Teaching/Curriculum Development
- EDUC 5018 Behavior Management
- EDUC 5625 The School as Community
- EDUC 5318 Educating Diverse Students
Candidates choose three (3) electives and a (1) capstone experience from the following concentrations:
Research - The Research electives focuses on the teaching and learning processes in educational contexts where students customize their educational research to meet their career goals.
- EDUC 5128 Critical Inquiry: Teaching and Learning
- EDUC 5307 Research in Content Area
- EDUC 5308 Research Capstone
Instructional Technology (IT)- The IT electives prepares educators to integrate technologies into teaching and learning. All courses are offered online.
- EDUC 5903 Instructional Design and Practices OL
- EDUC 5905 Educational Technology and Media OL
- EDUC 5907 Capstone Experience OL
Moderate Disabilities- The Moderate Disability electives focus on advanced pedagogy, assessment, and current curriculum strategies in working with students with exceptionalities.
- EDUC 5018: Behavior Management
- EDUC 5750: Teaching Students with Disabilities
- EDUC 5762: Moderate Disabilities Internship Capstone
English Language Learners / ELL focuses on the current foundational and pedagogical strategies needed to effectively serve those who are learning English as a second language.
- EDUC 5202: Literacy :Focus: Reading /Writing
- EDUC 5418: Literacy/Language Development
- EDUC 5518: ELL Internship Capstone