Uploading Your Syllabus
- Navigate to EC Learn at http://eclearn.emmanuel.edu. Enter your MySaints portal username and password. Click the “Log On” button.
- Hover your mouse over the “Courses” tab on the top navigation bar. Click on the course for which you would like to upload a syllabus.
- Click on the “Syllabus” link in the course navigation bar on the left.
- Click on the “Edit Syllabus Description” button in the right sidebar. This will activate the Rich Content Editor.
- Click on the “Files” tab on the right, below where it says “Insert Content into the Page.” Then click on “Upload a new file”. Click “Choose File”.
- Select the document you would like to upload as the syllabus. Then click “Choose”. (Not Shown)
- Click on the “Upload” button. A link to your file should appear in the Rich Content Editor.
- You can add other text, images, videos or files if you desire. When you are done, click on the “Update Syllabus” button.
- Students will be able click the icons to view or download your syllabus.
- Download instruction (PDF)
We created this video to help introduce faculty to the Canvas interface: How to access your calendar, how to change your profile information… the kinds of things that are important to know in using Canvas (EC Learn) that we don’t cover in our “Teaching with EC Learn” workshops. We ask that you watch this video before attending one of our workshops so that we can use the workshop time to focus on the tools you will use while teaching.
How do I access EC Learn?
How do I upload my syllabus?
Follow this guide to Upload your Syllabus. You can upload a file of the syllabus, or paste in the text from Word.
How do I publish my course?
To publish your course, from the course homepage you can click on published in the alert box at the top of the page. If you are using the Course Setup Checklist, the option to publish your site is at the bottom of the list and can be done from any page in your site. Publishing a course site cannot be undone.
How do I copy course content from another course?
Follow this guide to Copy Course Content from Another Course.
How do I access my previous enrollments?
If you want to view the archived Blackboard Vista courses in EC Learn, you can find them under Past Enrollments.
What are notifications?
The first time you log into EC Learn you will be prompted to set up your notifications. These are alerts that you receive (via e-mail, text message or messages sent to a social networking account) about different activities in EC Learn such as new posts in discussion forums or changes to an assignment. You can add different accounts, such as personal e-mail or Twitter, to receive these alerts and make changes to your notifications at any time under “Settings" in the global navigation.
What do I do if I do not see one of my students in my EC Learn course?
If you do not see one of your students, contact the Registrar at 617-735-9960. You can add your TAs by following this guide to adding TAs to your course.
NOTE: There is a delay for course enrollments to update in EC Learn after a student’s enrollment changes in Colleague. If a student recently added your course, please check after 24 hours to see if they have been added to the course site before contacting the Registrar.
How can I get trained in EC Learn?
- Watch the video on the “Interface Overview” tab on this page.
- Check out our calendar for upcoming workshops and drop-in sessions. Drop-in sessions do not require registration.
- If you are looking for the answer to a specific question, the Canvas Guides are a fantastic resource.
If you have any questions that are not addressed in this page or in the guides that ATIG has published, you can contact the Canvas hotline any time at 1-877-472-1040 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org during normal business hours.
Why does EC Learn look different from your tutorial?
From time to time, you may notice that our tutorials and the canvas guides do not perfectly match up with what you’re seeing in your EC Learn site. This is because Canvas is a relatively new and still evolving product and Instructure is constantly modifying their product in response to feature requests and best practices.
Even though this constant change can sometimes be confusing, it’s ultimately a good thing, and it means that our Learning Management System will be relevant and useful for a long time to come.
ECLearn is generally updated every three weeks. A preview of the upcoming release comes out at the beginning of the three-week period. You can view these updates at http://help.instructure.com/forums/337224-product-release-notes.
Academic Technology participates in the beta testing of new releases. If you have any questions about new or upcoming features, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.