What is Emmanuel College doing to stop sexual assault?
- Designated a Title IX Coordinator and several Deputy Coordinators, as well as identified confidential counselors on campus.
- Developed and launched a Title IX compliance web page on the Emmanuel College website that includes policies, procedures, resources and frequently asked questions.
- Produced and launched a Title IX compliance video, "Speak Up." "Speak Up" is an education and prevention campaign designed to remind students, faculty and staff of Emmanuel College's commitment to fostering an environment free from discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment and assault. The video features faculty, staff and students of Emmanuel College and prompts viewers to visit the Title IX web page.
- Created a Title IX training video for faculty, students and staff explaining Title IX regulations, requirements, procedures, as well as sample scenarios of what constitutes sexual assault.
- Created a Victim Bill of Rights brochure that is available to students on the Title IX web page, in the Residence Halls and in other key offices on campus.
- Emmanuel College has 10 certified sexual assault investigators and has created a Sexual Assault Response Team (SART).
- Campus Safety will continue to offer the Rape Aggression Defense (RAD) Program.
- 1 in 5 Project Event - discussion, conversation and interactive workshop.
Our commitment to you:
Education is the key to preventing sexual assault on campus.
- We will continue to educate our faculty and staff on roles and responsibilities. It is crucial that they understand their responsibility as mandatory reporters.
- We will continue to educate investigators on roles and responsibilities.
- We will continue to customize training to educate young men and women on the legal definition of sexual assault, what constitutes consent, and how to engage in responsible bystander action.
- We will inform parents early on so they can become partners in prevention with the College.
- We will continue to utilize various delivery methods including face-to-face training, online training webinars, social media, apps and interactive theater to spread awareness.
Amnesty - Halo's Rule
Sometimes students are reluctant to report an incident of sexual misconduct as alcohol or other drugs were involved. In cases of sexual assault, the College will grant amnesty from violations of alcohol or drug policies to students who file a report and/or who were victimized by an act of sexual misconduct.