View the 2018-2019 Academic Catalog to find course titles, numbers and descriptions.
Requirements for B.A. in Theology and Religious Studies
Two introductory courses:
- THRS1115 Jesus and Christian Ethics (RCT) OR
- THRS1103 Exploring Catholic Theology (RCT) AND
- THRS1111 Exploring the Bible
At least three courses from the following:
- THRS2102 In the Beginning: Adam to Moses
- THRS2108 Religion and the Environment: Ethical Explorations (R)
- THRS2111 Love and Justice (RCT)
- THRS2114 The Prophets: Power, Politics and Principles (RCT)
- THRS2116 Science and Religion (RCT)
- THRS2135 World Religions
- THRS2201 War, Peace and Religions (R)
- THRS2101 What is Religion?
- THRS2205 The Gospels: Portraits of Jesus (RCT)
- THRS2207 Why the Church?
- THRS2208 Global Christianity
- THRS2217 Women in the World Religions (R)
- THRS2219 Women in Christian Traditions (RCT)
- THRS2221 Radical Christianity (RCT)
- THRS2223 The First Christians
- THRS2305 South Africa: Ethics, Religion and Global Health*
- *Travel Course
At least one course from the following:
- THRS2105 Judaism (R)
- THRS2202 Hinduism (R)
- THRS2211 Islam (R)
- THRS2212 Buddhism: Beliefs and Practices (R)
Three other 2000- or 3000-level courses, at least two of which must be 3000-level, or 4178, Directed Study.
- THRS4182 Directed Research
Students may include an approved internship as one of their ten courses.