THE APPLICATION SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR THE 2023 RESIDENCY HAS CLOSED.
The Emmanuel Art Department awards a residency to one individual from each of our four categories: ceramics, photography, printmaking and social practice. We strive to foster a supportive environment to achieve creative and artistic excellence.
The residency also plays an important role in advancing the visual arts on the Emmanuel campus, providing an important educational program on contemporary art accessible to students, staff, and faculty. Residents should be willing to support and interact with each other, students, and faculty.
- Artists must not be currently enrolled in any academic program.
- Residency is six weeks from mid-June to mid-July - exact dates will be announced in late March.
- Artists will receive a stipend of $1000 dollars.
- International artists may be eligible for reimbursement for travel and visa up to an additional $1000.
- Lodging is provided in the college dorms, with access to a small kitchen, no pets are allowed.
- Artists may be invited back to give a presentation or demo during the following academic year. This will be based on teaching needs.
- Residents have access to communal college studio facilities with ample space sharing - ceramics, wood shop, print shop, darkroom, photo studio, design lab, and drawing studio.
- Artists must give one presentation discussing their own process.
- Artists are responsible for all material and food costs during the residency.
- Artists will donate one piece to Emmanuel College at the end of the residency.
- Residency is awarded to individual artists only - partners and spouses are not included.
- International Artists must obtain a visa to participate.
- Conversational proficiency of the English language is required.
- Artists must be on-site for the full duration of the program.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION and email it to email@example.com.
You may also mail it via post* in digital format on a USB to:
Deputy Director of ECAR
400 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or technical difficulties.
* Please note: We cannot confirm receipt of your mailed application. Please obtain delivery confirmation through the delivery provider. Application materials will not be returned.