Lecturer, Department of Modern Languages
Office: Administration Building, Room 455
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 1:30 p.m. -3:30 p.m., or by appointment.
Ph.D., University of Florida; M.A., University of South Florida; B.A., Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
I enjoy teaching a wide variety of courses in language and literature. In the course of my academic career and teaching experience, I've taught beginning, intermediate and advanced French and Arabic classes. In doing so, I was able to track students' progress through every stage of language learning and I remain convinced that creating a positive climate for learning is the most important action an instructor can take. I always have striven to show my students the benefits of linguistic and cross-cultural knowledge: open-mindedness, cultural sensitivity, critical thinking and personal gratification. My main goal as a language instructor is to promote a student-centered classroom in which the teaching / learning process is transformed into an enjoyable and extremely useful experience.
What I Love about Emmanuel:
The campus spirit is awesome. I love Emmanuel's collegiality and diversity.
Publications + Presentations
- "Lyrique, épique et dramatique dans Cahier d'un retour au pays natal d'aimé Césaire," 12th Annual Southeast Coastal Conference on Languages & Literatures, Savannah, Georgia, March 2015.
- "De la poésie de "ces voix du Sud..."," 66th Annual Kentucky Foreign Language Conference, University of Kentucky, April 2013.
- "Le poème en prose entre langage poétique et poétique du langage," 10th Annual Southeast Coastal Conference on Languages & Literatures, Savannah, Georgia, April 2013.
- "'Le parisianisme': Quand l'Identité se raconte dans la ville de l'Autre." Metropolis and Colony Conference, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, March 2009.
Grants + Recognition
- 2013 Conner Award, University of Florida. Gainesville, Florida
- 2010 Outstanding Graduate Student Award, University of Florida. Gainesville, Florida
- 2009 Outstanding Graduate TeachingAssistant Award, University of Florida. Gainesville, Florida
- 2008 Ernest G. Atkin Memorial Endowment Fund Grant, University of Florida. Gainesville, Florida
- 2004 - 2008 University of Florida Alumni Fellowship for Graduate Study, University of Florida
His research interests are diverse ( Francophone and Arabophone Literature in North Africa, Immigration & Cross Cultural Encounters, Diaspora cultural production with a particular focus on France ) but tend to focus primarily on the representations of childhood in North African literature (Morocco) written in both Arabic and French.