Learn more about courses offered through the Colleges of the Fenway and the application process to cross-register Mass College of Art and Design, MCPHS University, Simmons University and Wentworth Institute of Technology
In addition to Emmanuel's course offerings, students matriculated in the traditional Arts and Sciences program are encouraged to take advantage of the Colleges of the Fenway offerings. To view the course offerings amongst member institutions, please view the COF Searchable Course Directory.
General Cross-Registration Policy:
- Arts and Sciences students are eligible for cross-registration. Students within GPP programs are not eligible to cross-register for courses.
- Emmanuel A+S students are eligible to cross-register for courses at one of the other four COF institutions after their first semester at Emmanuel.
- The Office of the Registrar confirms a student's eligibility to cross-register at another COF institution. Students must not have a financial hold on their record to be approved to cross-register.
- A+S students may cross-register for up to two courses per semester
- Students are highly encouraged to not cross-register in their final semester due to variances in grades due dates and degree conferral dates. Students who choose to cross-register in their final semester are responsible for working with the host institution instructor in submitting the grade by the Emmanuel grade's due date
- Courses registered via the official cross-registration process after matriculation are added to the Emmanuel College registration schedule and included in the student's course load and tuition bill.
- The COF grade is posted to the Emmanuel transcript and is factored into the Emmanuel GPA. These courses are considered institutional and count toward the student's residency requirement for graduation. The grade is sent from the host institution registrar's office to the Emmanuel Office of the Registrar automatically at the end of the semester.
- Any courses completed at one of the COF schools that is not registered through the official cross-registration process (such as prior to matriculation at Emmanuel) or completed at Mass College of Art and Design during the summer session, when Mass Art does not participate in cross-registration, will be considered transfer credit and must adhere to the transfer credit policy. In these instances, an official transcript will be required to post the credit.
- Cross-registration will be open to students after each institution has held priority registration for its own students.
View the Colleges of the Fenway website for more information regarding cross-registration.