Academic Strategy Assistance & Programs
The ARC offers a variety of free programs and services to help students refine and develop effective college academic strategies.
Academic Specialists provide one-on-one coaching and study skills assistance to students experiencing challenges in their approach to their coursework. By working one-on-one, the Academic Specialists are able to address areas specific to the student. Some common areas addressed are:
- Adjusting your learning style to a learning task
- Managing your time effectively and organizing unscheduled time
- Combating procrastination
- Analyzing and effectively using a syllabus
- Reading strategically
- Taking notes that convert into effective study tools
- Conquering test anxiety and do well on tests
Workshops for Academic Success, open to all students and offered throughout the semester, focus on topics to promote academic success, such as adapting to college expectations, time management, study skills, grammar and essay revision and writing personal statements.
For more information on the above services and programs, contact the ARC or visit us in LIB G-04.