Health Insurance While at School
Massachusetts law requires all full-time students (9 or more credits) to carry health insurance. Learn more about state requirements and health insurance options.
- Massachusetts law requires all full-time students (9 or more credits) to carry health insurance.
- Students may be covered by individual or family coverage or may participate in Emmanuel's health insurance plan offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- To ensure compliance with the law, all full-time undergraduate students are enrolled in and billed for the school plan at the beginning of the academic year.
- Students wishing to substitute other individual or family coverage for the school plan must demonstrate comparable coverage by completing a waiver through the Student Financial Services' office at the beginning of the academic year.
- Please direct all questions regarding health insurance to Student Financial Services at 617-735-9938.