Grade Grievances

A student who wishes to challenge a grade or other information in the academic record must consult with the faculty member or other officer involved. If not satisfied, then the student holds an informal discussion with the chairperson and then with the Academic Dean or designee. A rendering of the written decision is made in reasonable time with both parties notified. A record can only be changed with the faculty member's consent. If the record remains unchanged, an insertion of the opposite stance is made in the student's folder. Changes in any assigned grade will not be made beyond one semester.