What to Bring
See our tips on what to bring (and what to leave) when packing for Emmanuel College.
What to Bring:
- Posters (don't forget the poster putty-nails are not allowed in the walls)
- Shower caddy (to carry your stuff to the bathroom)
- Flip-flops/shower shoes
- Reading lamps (halogen lamps not allowed)
- Alarm clock
- Iron and ironing board
- Electrical power strip (only those equipped with circuit breakers and surge suppression will be allowed)
- Laundry basket
- Wastepaper basket
- Checkbook/ATM card
- Small fan
- Coaxial cable for TV
- DVD player
- Ethernet cable
- Small refrigerators (one per room)
- Laundry detergent and laundry bag/basket
Residence Life & Housing encourages you and your roommate to coordinate who will bring certain items listed above, including but not limited to the television, DVD player, carpet. Rooms are not carpeted, but an 8' x 10' (2.4 m x 3 m) rug works great in any room if you would like to bring your own.
What NOT to Bring:
- Candles and incense
- Halogen lamps
- Microwave ovens
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- Hot plates
- Space heaters of any kind
- Landline telephone (no service available)
- Large refrigerators (small ones are allowed, one per room)
- Air conditioners
- Homemade lofts
- Containers that once held alcohol
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Ashtrays (smoking is not allowed in any campus buildings)
- Average room dimensions: 11' x 18'
- Average window dimensions: 6' x 4'8"
- Mattress size: 80" x 36" (extra long twin sheets)
Please note that all residence hall furniture is moveable but cannot be taken out of the room.
The Mulvaney Leadership Institute
(MLI) provides leadership training and development for faculty, students and staff at Emmanuel College. Additionally, the MLI provides opportunities to members of our shared learning community to build and sustain skills necessary for ethical and effective teaching and learning.