How do I access XFINITY On Campus TM on my computer?
This service is only available to Emmanuel College resident students living on campus, which includes Notre Dame campus and Peabody Hall. Make sure you're on campus and connected to the campus network when trying to access this service.
1. Point your browser to www.xfinityoncampus.com
2. From the XFINITY sign in page, select Emmanuel from the drop down list 3. Enter your Emmanuel username and password. This lets the college tell XFINITY On Campus that you are a student in good standing living on-campus this semester. XFINITY On Campus never sees your password. The login page is maintained by Emmanuel, not XFINITY on Campus. 4. Once authenticated, click on the "Start Watching" button. This will launch the XFINITY On Campus player. 5. Begin using the XFINITY On Campus player immediately.
Is logging in the same process on and off campus?
Yes, it will be the same log in process regardless of location.
Do I need a TV or remote?
Although a TV is not required to view XFINITY On CampusTM services, an HDMI connection between your computer and television will allow you to display the contents of your computer screen on your TV.
Instructions for PC users can be found
Instructions for Mac users can be found
Is my computer powerful enough to use the new cable service?
Since this is a web-based service, any standard computer that can already view video content (such as Netflix, Hulu or Youtube) should be adequate for viewing the XFINITY On Campus content. Students with computer performance issues can visit the IT Helpdesk for diagnosis and recommendations.
Will this affect the internet speed on campus?
As part of this new service, we have a new direct connection to XFINITY (similar to our direct connection to Netflix) to hand this content. Although we don't expect any negative performance due to this new service, we will be monitoring our internet to identify any issues and make adjustments.
Can we keep this service after we graduate?
No, unfortunately your account will be terminated upon graduation.
Does this service cost anything?
No, all feautres are free for students provided access to XFINITY On Campus. Students can choose to purchase "Upgrade" content for premium channels (Example: HBO, Showtime, etc).
Do Peabody or NDC residents have access to XFINITY On Campus?
Yes, Peabody and NDC residents have access to this service both on campus and at their respective locations.
Do Trilogy or City View residents have access to XFINITY On Campus?
No, XFINITY On Campus is an exclusive service and restricted to students living on campus. Students who live at Trilogy and City View will continue to have pre-exisitng cable services provided by the college.
Do Commuters have access to XFINITY On Campus?
No, Commuter students do not have access to XFINITY On Campus. This service is restricted to students living on campus. Public locations provided with cable will not be impacted by the service change.
Will the lounges and other public TV's still have cable?
Yes, they will have cable TV more similar to a traditional cable box, including the additional channels and channel guides.
Can I use my computer and watch conent on my TV at the same time?
Yes, you can do this by connecting your computer to your TV. We will be providing HDMI cables and adapters (for common video types) so you can extend your computer screen to your TV. This way, you can watch and work at the same time. Provided are instructions for dual monitor capabilities on a
Windows and Mac computer. Members of the IT Helpdesk are available to assist in this usage.
How many total channels are there access to with XFINITY On Campus?
There are a total of 110 channels with this service as well as access to XFINITY On Demand.
What devices can I use to connect to XFINITY On Campus?
This service is currently available for viewing on PC, Mac, iPhone, 4th generation or later iPod Touch, iPad, and Android services.
How many devices can I register? How many shows may I watch simultaneously?
You may reigster 3 devices with XFINITY On Campus but only stream video to one device at a time. You can deregister a device at any time.
I'm getting an error message when I try to access XFINITY On Campus or the video wont play.
Before contacting the Emmanel IT Helpdesk, please try the following steps:
- Confirm that you are on-campus and connected to the campus IP network
- Close, then reopen the XFINITY On Campus video player and try again
- If the video will still not play, see if a video from the same network or programmer, or a different episode will play. Still not playing? Try a different channel or program entirely to confirm operation of the app.
I get an error message when I enter my college username and password. What should I do?
Before contacting the Emmanuel IT Helpdesk, please try the following steps:
- Try logging into the MySaints Portal and verifying that the password you are using is the same.
- If you are resident student and you are still unable to log into XFINITY On Campus, please contact the IT Helpdesk.
Does XFINITY have customer support?
To check for known outages, learn about product features, search for solutions to common problems, or to submit a support ticket with XFINITY, go to www.xfinityoncampus.com/zendesk through the "Submit a Request" link. This portal is exclusively for XFINITY On Campus tickets. Provide an email address, description, School Username/ID, School, Device and any picture attachments for faster resolution.
Although a TV is not required to view XFINITY On Campus
TM services, an HDMI connection between your computer and television will allow you to display the contents of your computer screen on your TV.
XFINITY on Campus is currently available for viewing on PC, Mac, iPhone, 4th generation or later iPod Touch, iPad, and Android services. A student may only stream on one device at a time.
XFINITY on Campus requires the following minimum system capabilities:
- RAM: 512 MB minimum
- Video card: 32 MB minimum (128 MB recommended)
- Screen resolution: 800 x 600 minimum (1280 x 1024 recommended)
- Adobe Flash version: latest version
- Internet Connection: Broadband
- Processor: Pentium 4 or newer
- Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8 (Metro touch interface not supported)
- Browser: Latest versions of Internet Explorer, MS Edge, Safari, Firefox, or Google Chrome
- Processor: Intel Core Duo1.83 GHz or faster
- Operating system: Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Browser: Latest versions of Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome
- The XFINITY TV app works with iPhones, 4th generation or later iPod touches, and iPads
- Operation system: iOS 9 or higher
- The XFINITY TV app is available for Android devices running version 4.1 and up.
- The XFINITY TV app available for Kindle devices running Android version 4.1 and up.
How to log into XFINITY On Campus:
1. Go to xfinityoncampus.com
2. Enter your school name
3. Follow the login instructions and start watching