What should I do if I am accused of sexual misconduct?
- Do not contact the complainant.
- Contact the Title IX Coordinator or one of the Deputy Coordinators.
- Title IX Coordinators will explain the College's procedures for addressing sexual misconduct complaints, explain the rights and responsibilities of the Complainant and Respondent, explain the prohibition against retaliation and explain the grievance process.
What rights do I have if I am accused of sexual misconduct?
- You have the right to receive notice of the allegations.
- You have the right to the opportunity to be heard and present your side and any witnesses that you identify in support of your side.
- You have the opportunity to have an advisor of your choice from the Emmanuel community present.
- You have the right to a prompt and equitable investigation.
- You will have the opportunity to fully provide your side to the investigator.
- You have access to counseling and psychiatric Services.
- As a College employee, you have access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).