Property (Operation ID)
Operation ID is a program designed to discourage theft of valuable property and provides a way for you to easily identify stolen property if necessary. Most thieves steal valuables for resale. So, if marked with a permanent identification number, thieves will find it harder to sell the valuables. You may borrow an engraving tool from the Campus Safety Office by displaying your ID card and filling out a simple form. Once you have engraved an identification number on property (such as laptops, bikes, cameras, etc.) list the items on the Personal Property Record form included with the engraver. You may wish to make an additional copy of your Personal Property Record to keep at your permanent address.
- Don't give anyone your ID or code to your room.
- Don't leave valuables or cash where someone can easily pick them up.
- Don't leave your name or address on your key ring.
- Don't leave valuables in classrooms, cars, the library or dinning hall.
- Report any suspicious or unauthorized person.
- Report any broken windows or doors.
- Report any door to door solicitors who do not have proper authority to be on campus
- Report anyone looking into windows or parked vehicles.
- Report anyone hanging around residence halls, hallways, or other campus buildings with no clear purpose for being there.
- Report any suspicious vehicles driving around campus.
Remember, do not attempt to stop or restrain a suspicious or unauthorized person. Call Campus Safety at 617-735-9710.