An overview of services is provided by the Office of Assessment is below. Questions and requests related to assessment can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Assessment provides course instructors with tools and resources to help them assess the learning outcomes of their courses and make data-driven decisions to improve pedagogy, policies and procedures, and student engagement.
- Formal online end-of-course evaluations
- Informal mid-semester student feedback surveys
- Writing course learning goals and aligning them to course activities and assessments, as well as program, departmental and institutional learning goals
- Developing rubrics for assessing student learning and performance in class
- Test editing and proof-reading including consultation regarding item-writing best practices
- Aligning course learning goals to program and institutional learning goals
The Office of Assessment provides academic departments with tools and resources to facilitate assessment of learning outcomes of their programs and support data-driven decisions about program requirements, course sequencing, course offerings and overall program experience.
- Program exit surveys
- Program alumni surveys
- Writing program learning goals and objectives
- Aligning program learning goals to institutional learning goals
- Developing performance assessments of program outcomes
- Developing portfolios to document student learning
The Office of Assessment designs assessment and improvement plans for Emmanuel's overarching educational goals for students; and coordinates collection of data to support data-driven decision making about Emmanuel's educational offerings, student engagement, and academic and student affairs policies and procedures.
- Facilitate writing of formal learning goals for the college
- Compile and analyze evidence of achievement of educational goals
- Report on results of assessments for institutional evaluation and planning