The Center for Science Education's programming offers professional and educational support to urban teachers and students in the fields of science, engineering, technology and mathematics.
The Center for Science Education offers programming for elementary and secondary school students and teachers. The Center's goals are:
- To further the College's long-standing commitment to community service and urban youth outreach, in addition to providing opportunities for professional teacher development
- To support the educational advancement of urban youth by education them in evolving scientific fields
- To provide programming to support classroom teachers in neighborhood schools in preparing K-12 students in science
- To utilize the extensive opportunities provided by the College's Maureen Murphy Wilkens Science Center
- To provide leadership in science education throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the nation