Meet Darris J., one of your 2014-15 Admissions Ambassadors!
Class Year: 2015
Hometown: Dorchester, Massachusetts
High School: Newton North High School
Majors: Biology, Certificate in Spanish
Activities: Resident Assistant, ACCENT (Internation Club) Executive Board Member, student aide at the Academic Resource Center, intern at Boston Public Health Commission
- Place on campus: Caferteria.
- EC Tradition: International Hospitality Night.
- Things about Emmanuel: Dedicated, kind and caring faculty and staff.
- Professor: Dr. Bette Weiss (Biology) - I appreciate they way Dr. Weiss infuses personal stories/experiences to bring her classes to life. Her sense of humor is one of a kind, her dedication to her students is a priority and her expertise on the subject matter is apparent.
- Class: Short Fiction - This class, taught by Dr. Callahan, who is one of my other favorite professors, was a class that I will never forget, for all the right reasons. It was a class where we discussed and debated substantive issues and ideas impacting all of our lives. I admire, appreciate, and respect the way Dr. Callahan structured the class, allowing us to have independence within the course and treating us as people (not just merely students).
Why you came to EC: To stay in Boston and take advantage of resources of the city.
What would you do if you had a million dollars: I would pay off my student loans, help my family, take a trip with family and friends, invest and finally, take a serious trip to Burlington Coat Factory.
What do you want to be when you grow up: When I grow up I want to be a person who has made meaningful contributions to the field of healthcare.