Raymond J. Devettere
Professor of Philosophy; Director of Values-Based Education; Wyant Professor
Office: Administration Building, Room 454
Office hours: Tuesday and Thursday, 3:00 p.m.- 4:15 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Ph.L., Ph.D., University of Louvain; M.A., B.A., St. John's Seminary
Professor of Philosophy at Emmanuel College. Teaching a course in Christian ethics at Boston College since 1988. Member of the ethics committee at Newton-Wellesley Hospital since 1985. Taught Health Care Ethics at the New England Baptist Hospital School of Nursing.
Courses I Teach
- PHIL1103 Philosophy of Religion
- PHIL1115 Recent Moral Issues
- PHIL2104 Contemporary Conceptions of Human Nature
- PHIL2113 Health Care Ethics
Publications + Presentations
- Speaker on ethics for various groups
- Presents Ethics Grand Rounds for physicians and house staff at NWH
- Conducts a seminar on ethics for students at Tufts Medical School