Four-Year Career Plan
This plan is a guide for your career preparation and development at Emmanuel College. You may complete each stage as listed or revisit parts as needed. We also encourage you to participate in Career Center programs, workshops and job fairs each year.
- Activate your HireSaints account and learn how to use our online job search system.
- Join student organizations to explore your interests and build leadership skills.
- Volunteer or look for a part-time job to add experience to your résumé.
- Meet with a career advisor, prepare your résumé and take a career self-assessment.
- Work with the Career Center to update your résumé and HireSaints account.
- Register for the Pre-Internship and Career Planning Course: INT 1001.
- Declare your major and explore potential careers.
- Seek leadership positions in student organizations, part-time jobs and volunteer opportunities.
- Update your résumé to include additional coursework and recent experience.
- Build relationships with faculty in your major; participate in undergraduate research opportunities.
- Obtain an internship and register for your major's internship course for academic credit.
- Research graduate school programs, requirements and application deadlines; take entrance exams.
- Finalize your résumé and highlight relevant accomplishments and experience.
- Update your HireSaints profile with your résumé , review job postings and apply for positions.
- Prepare for professional interviews by participating in a mock interview with a career advisor.
- Network with your professional connections regarding your post-graduation plans and career goals.
Cilenti '13 Realizes Passion for Advocacy and Service through Internship
At Emmanuel, there are countless ways for students to immerse themselves in the culture and history of the city of Boston. Some students, like Ashley, have found a way to incorporate a passion for recognizing and promoting that culture into their daily lives.