Four-Year Career Plan
This plan is a guide for your career preparation and development at Emmanuel College. You may complete each stage as listed or revisit parts as needed. We also encourage you to participate in Career Center programs, workshops and job fairs each year.
First Year: Engage
- Activate your HireSaints account and learn how to use our online job search system.
- Join student organizations to explore your interests and build leadership skills.
- Volunteer or look for a part-time job to add experience to your resume.
- Meet with a career advisor, prepare your resume and take a career self-assessment.
Second Year: Explore
- Work with the Career Center to update your resumeand HireSaints account.
- Register for the Pre-Internship and Career Planning Course: INT 1001.
- Declare your major and explore potential careers.
- Seek leadership positions in student organizations, part-time jobs and volunteer opportunities.
Third Year: Experience
- Update your resume to include additional coursework and recent experience.
- Build relationships with faculty in your major; participate in undergraduate research opportunities.
- Obtain an internship and register for your major's internship course for academic credit.
- Research graduate school programs, requirements and application deadlines; take entrance exams.
Fourth Year: Embark
- Finalize your resume and highlight relevant accomplishments and experience.
- Update your HireSaints profile with your resume, review job postings and apply for positions.
- Prepare for professional interviews by participating in a mock interview with a career advisor.
- Network with your professional connections regarding your post-graduation plans and career goals.