Students eligible for need-based aid will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen (except for international scholarships); and
- Be making Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the College.
Financial assistance is not available for expenses incurred for courses that are audited.
Incoming students: to apply for need-based aid for the 2009-2010 school year, the following forms must be completed:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- 2009-10 Emmanuel College Application for Financial Aid
- signed copy of parents' 2008 Federal Income Tax Return
- signed copy of student's 2008 Federal Income Tax Return
- other documents as requested
FAFSA forms are available at local high schools, the Office of Student Financial Services or by calling 1-800-4-FEDAID. The FAFSA may also be completed on the Internet at www.FAFSA.ed.gov (link will open in new window).
The priority filing date for applying for financial aid for the 2009-2010 academic year is April 1, 2009 but applications continue to be processed on a rolling basis. To ensure priority consideration, the FAFSA form should be filed by April 1, 2009.
When filing the FAFSA online, both parent and student will need to obtain a Personal Identification Number or PIN. For more information, please visit www.pin.ed.gov.