Emmanuel College Executive Suite Leadership Academy
The Emmanuel College Leadership Academy enhances leadership skills within Emmanuel College students. The program has two levels; one for first-year college students, and one for those in prominent leadership positions across campus during their junior or senior year. Through a set of presentations and workshops, students will hear about topics related to their ability to tap into the potential within them to become one of the strongest leaders at Emmanuel College.
Both levels are year-long programs that include interactions with alumni, campus speakers, off-campus activities, and development in many different areas. Students in the program must dress in business casual attire on Academy days and show a strong commitment to the program.
Each level of the Emmanuel College Leadership Academy has a specific mission and learning outcomes.
Executive Suite Mission
(open to seniors in executive roles)
The Emmanuel College Executive Suite Leadership Academy is a leadership development program geared to Emmanuel College (EC) leaders in executive roles who demonstrate leadership potential, commitment to the future of Emmanuel College, and a strong drive to achieve greater levels of responsibility. The Leadership Academy shows Emmanuel's commitment to and investment in, the development of student leaders. The Leadership Academy will enhance the leadership, decision making, and overall capabilities of an array of students who have demonstrated the ability to hold an executive leadership role at EC. This year-long leadership development program will prepare participants to take on new roles within the college and challenge them to take their position further than the previous leader.
Executive Suite Outcomes
Through the Emmanuel College Executive Suite Leadership Academy it is projected that student leaders will:
- better understand the duties and interactions their position may require and how they can attain those.
- see how the tools they are learning and developing in college can be used after graduation.
- understand proper etiquette when interacting with their peers, superiors, and fellow leaders in regards to professionalism, communication, and representation through accountability.
- learn how to empower their membership through dedication.
- understand proper leadership styles dependent on audience, setting, and mood and develop conflict management tools based off this method.
- understand their leadership style when it comes to establishing bonds outside their organization and the EC community.
- carry them self with modesty and show respect to fellow leaders, peers, superiors, strangers, and guests of EC.
For more information, email Kevin Farrell, Assistant Director of Student Activities for Programming and Leadership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.