Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
Download a printer-friendly checklist »
To complete your application for admission to an undergraduate degree program, please submit the following application materials:
1. Completed application Click to apply online »
2. Official Transcripts from all regionally accredited academic institutions attended and, if applicable, an official copy of standardized test scores and/or military credit (DD-214). American Council on Education approved materials (or equivalent, which will be verified by the appropriate agency) will be reviewed for transfer credit as appropriate.
• Emmanuel College will only accept official transcripts. Official transcripts will be required for all academic regionally accredited institutions attended. Note: Generally, a GPA of 2.0 (cumulative) from previous coursework is expected.
• BSN candidates are required to submit proof of RN licensure, which is accepted in lieu of the High School transcript.
• International Transcripts must be translated into English and/or evaluated by a certified credential evaluation service.
3. Two completed Graduate Studies Recommendation Forms Download Recommendation Form PDF »
Recommendations should be requested from professional colleagues, supervisors and/or individuals with whom you have worked closely. Recommenders should provide specific information about your abilities and your potential to succeed in the program. One recommendation should be from a current supervisor or colleague. A letter of recommendation (on institutional letterhead) is not required but may be attached to the form.
4. Admissions Essay Download PDF >>
A 1-2 page essay addressing your academic goals and career experiences.
5. Current Resume
A 1-page (minimum) resume summarizing your professional work experience and previous education.
6. Nursing License (for Bachelor of Science in Nursing applicants ONLY).
Proof of current Massachusetts R.N. License from www.mass.gov/dph/boards/rn or eligibility to apply for reciprocity based on other U.S. State licensure.
7. Informational meeting or interview with an Enrollment Counselor or faculty member
8. Optional Statement
If you feel there are significant weaknesses in your application that you wish to address, please do so in a separate written statement.
There are additional requirements for international students.
Click here for a complete list >>
If you have any questions regarding the application process, would like to request a paper application or want to check the status of your file, please contact Graduate Studies at 617-735-9700.
Application materials should be sent to:
Emmanuel College Studies
400 The Fenway
Boston, MA 02115