Learning Goals & Outcomes
At the completion of an Individualized Major in Performing Arts degree, the student will:
• Be able to locate a work within a historical timeline and understand the relationships between that work and the period in which it was created.
• Be able to effectively engage and analyze a work on multiple structural and technical levels.
• Be able to recognize important stylistic features associated with major writers, composers, and/or performers, both past and present.
• Acquire the skills necessary to present a work through appropriate performance and/or production techniques.
• Acquire skills and techniques that will enable them to independently and/or collaboratively create new works.