Learning Goals & Outcomes
Have a working knowledge of a common set of core mathematical concepts and skills.
1. Be proficient in learning and using technology, particularly standard workplace tools, for data analysis and visualization.
2. Be able to read and construct rigorous proofs, developing critical-thinking skills in the process.
3. Have a knowledge and appreciation for the history and traditions of mathematics.
4. Be able to learn and independently study mathematics.
5. Be able to effectively communicate mathematical ideas to others, especially non-mathematicians.
6. Be able to analyze and apply mathematics to problems or situations arising in non classroom situations.
7. Be aware of contemporary applications of mathematics, including areas in which current research is being done.