Chemistry Lab and Instrument Manager
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh; M.S., Indian Institute of Technology; B.S., University of Madras
Office hours: By appointment
Office: Wilkens Science Center, Room 403-B
- Expertise in Polymers, Adhesives and Coatings for Optical Fibers, Optoelectronic Packaging, Transdermal Patches and Industrial Packaging
- Expertise in imaging media including laser imaging
- Innovation in material development using ceramics, glass and polymers
- Technology and Product Development
- National Merit Scholar
- Design for Six Sigma Black Belt Training
Significant Publications & Patents
- Preparation and Characterization of Ultrafine Silica Particles, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 132, 45 (1998).
- Peel Force and Release Strength Behavior of a Peel Apart Dry Imaging Film, IS&T's 50th Annual Conference, May 1997.
- Aging studies on HeliosTM Diagnostic Medical Imaging Film, IS&T's 50th Annual Conference, May 1997.
- Rheology of ultra thin laminates in the presence of microimaged elements, 07-12, p158, Proc. of Pacific Conf. on Rheology and Polymer Processing, (PCR 94), Sept. 1994.
- Rheological behavior of Liquid Crystalline Polymers, ACS-PMSE, Aug. 1990.
- Designing of Rubber Extrusion dies, Encyclo. of Eng. Materials, Mercel Decker, 1989.
- An Improved composite coating for tight buffer cable design, Proc. 36th International Wire and Cable Symposium, 1987.
- Rubber flow in an internal mixer, Rubber Chem. and Tech., Vol. 60, No 1, p111, (1987).
- Application of flow behavior to design of rubber extrusion dies, Rubber Chem. and Tech., Vol. 59, No 1, p 142 (1986).
- Correlation between end correction and extrudate swell for raw and compound rubbers, Rubber Chem. and Tech., Vol. 57, No 5, p 1001 (1984).
- The determination of "die swell" of polymers without end effects, Proceedings of 28th IUPAC Symposium, July 1982.
- 20100107293 DEVICES AND METHODS OF PROTECTING AND REINFORCING GARMENTS
- 20100098846 PATTERNED SOFT ADHESIVES AND METHOD OF MANUFACTURE
- 20050063622 Blended polymeric draw tapes
- 20020172782 Ethylene/vinyl ester copolymer tape for a tamper evident container
- 20010022280 Article with improved tamper evidence
- D589,707 Plastic film with surface pattern
- 6,632,403 Forsenic evidence container
- 6,471,058 Article with improved tamper evidence
- 6,264,033 Article with improved tamper evidence
- 5,512,126 Optical laminator
- 5,426,714 Optical fiber couplers packaged for resistance to bending or breakage, and methods of making the same
- 5,201,020 Reinforced protective tube for optical waveguide fibers
- 5,148,509 Composite buffer optical fiber cables
- 5,062,685 Coated optical fibers and cables and method
- 5,046,815 Optical fiber cabling
- 4,867,775 Method and apparatus for coating optical fibers