Associate Professor of Biology
Ph.D., Florida State University; M.S., Northeastern University; B.S., Springfield College
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday 1:00-2:00 p.m.
Office: Wilkens Science Center, Room 309-B
Phone: (617) 264-7663
Dr. Williams received a B.S. from Springfield College, a M.S. from Northeastern University and a Ph.D. in Neuroscience from Florida State University.
His research focuses on systems neuroscience, with interests including delineating neural pathways that are activated during and contribute to different disease states. He is particularly interested in immune protein signaling in the brain and the "fight-or-flight" responses that may result from immune challenges. Dr. Williams' teaching philosophy is to challenge and motivate student achievement through innovative and creative teaching that provides a depth and breadth of knowledge in the biological sciences.
- BIOL1111 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BIOL2129 - Vertebrate Anatomy and Physiology
- BIOL2201 - Neurobiology
- BIOL3105 - Endocrinology
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society
- American Physiological Society
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- Society for Neuroscience
- Overton, J.M. and T.D. Williams. Behavioral and physiologic responses to reduced caloric availability in mice. Physiology and Behavior, 81:749-754, 2004.
- Williams, T.D., J.B. Chambers, S.P. Gagnon, L.M. Roberts, R.P. Henderson and J.M. Overton. Diet-induced obesity and cardiovascular regulation in C57BL/6J mice. Clinical and Experimental Pharmacology and Physiology, 30:769-778, 2003.
- Williams, T.D., J.B. Chambers, S.P. Gagnon, L.M. Roberts, R.P. Henderson and J.M. Overton. Cardiovascular and metabolic responses to fasting and thermoneutrality in Agouti mice. Physiology and Behavior,78:615-623, 2003.
- Myers, C.W., W.B. Farquhar, D.E. Forman, T.D. Williams, D.L. Dierks, and J.A. Taylor. Carotid distensibility characterized via the isometric exercise pressor response in humans. American Journal of Physiology, 283:H2592-8, 2002.
- Yamamoto, H., C.E. Lee, J.N. Marcus, T.D. Williams, J.M. Overton, M.E. Lopez, A.N. Hollenberg, L. Baggio, D.J. Drucker, and J.K. Elmquist. Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor stimulation increases blood pressure and heart rate and activates autonomic regulatory neurons. Journal of Clinical Investigation, 110:43-52, 2002.
- Williams, T.D., J.B. Chambers, R.P. Henderson, M.E. Rashotte and J.M Overton. Cardiovascular responses to caloric restriction and thermoneutrality in C57BL/6J mice. American Journal of Physiology, 282:R1459-1467, 2002.