Orientation is more than an introduction to Emmanuel, it’s a glimpse into what you can expect as a student here. It’s the start of the next chapter of your life.
2013 SUMMER ORIENTATION OPTIONS (Note: All sessions available to first-year students. Transfers must attend the June 17 & 18 session)
Session I - Monday, June 17 & Tuesday, June 18
Session II - Thursday, June 20 & Friday, June 21
Session III - Monday, June 24 & Tuesday, June 25
Session IV- Thursday, June 27 & Friday, June 28
Orientation is our first opportunity to welcome you as a member of the Emmanuel community. During the two-day program, which begins at 9:30 a.m. on Day 1 and concludes at 4:00 p.m. on Day 2, you'll get a sneak peek of what life's like here at Emmanuel College. In addition to staying overnight in the residence halls and meeting your new classmates, we'll help you get started on becoming an active member of our community.
We've put together a full itinerary of activities for you, which you will receive upon your arrival to campus. Until then, here are a few highlights of what happens at Orientation:
• Meet your orientation leaders
• Meet your academic advisor—select your fall semester courses
• Succeeding in the classroom—meet members of our faculty
• Experience a day in the life of an Emmanuel student
• Get connected—learn about the Emmanuel MySaints Portal and your e-mail account
• Participate in the student resource and employment fair
Staying overnight is a mandatory component of your Orientation experience, so you will need to bring:
• Bedding (i.e. sheets, pillows, etc.)
• Comfortable clothes
• Photo ID
• Shower shoes
• Alarm clock
• Any personal prescriptions
• A small fan (optional)
*There will be open gym time later in the day, so you may want to bring some athletic gear as well.
Review the Academic Catalog prior to arriving at Orientation!
“The sense of community here allows each student to feel accepted and welcome from the ﬁrst moment he or she steps on campus.”