Recycling on Campus
Paper and bottle/can recycling is available in all buildings on campus and gets collected on Thursdays. Each residence hall kitchen and most classrooms are equipped with receptacles. We also provide all employees with a blue, mixed paper recycling bin.
Recycling goes outdoors!
We are pleased to announce Emmanuel's first outdoor recycling unit for bottles and cans. This unit has a tailored top and decals to help prevent contamination. Find it near the Yawkey Center entrance next the waste barrel.
In addition, seven recycling stations are available on campus. Each unit has two or three single-stream bins: waste, bottles/cans, and paper recycling, each clearly labeled. Find one at the following locations:
- Administration Building - Muddy River Café
- Library - 1st floor lobby
- Wilkens Science Center - 1st, 3rd and 4th floor atriums
- Yawkey Center - 1st and 2nd floor atriums
Use this chart as a guide for mixed office paper recycling:
Do my individual efforts make an impact?
Yes, every effort to recycle makes a difference. Better yet, if every member of the Emmanuel community makes the commitment to recycle, the results are enormous. Just look at some of these stats...
For every ton of recycled paper, we can:
- Save approximately 17 trees
- Save 7,000 gallons of water
- Save 2 barrels of oil
- Keep the air clear of about 60 lbs of pollutants
- Save enough energy to power the average home for 6 months
- Reduces landfill materials, and the need for more landfills
- Turns "trash" into resources